Baked Egg in Tomato
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Medium Tomato
- ½ teaspoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Wash, core and scoop out a medium large tomato. Be careful not to break the shell. Let drain well.
- Break an egg into the tomato shell, add heavy cream - just enough to fill the shell almost to the top – salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste, and top with a couple of tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, til whites are set, and the yolk will still be runny.
- This is a quick and easy meal for any time of day. If you have really large tomatoes, you can usually fit 2 eggs into the tomato shell.
Read more about this chef..